Converting waste fishing nets into products - workshop
There is a growing recognition of the problems associated with waste fishing nets, ropes, components and peripherals (FNRCPs) worldwide. In March 2019, the European Union (EU) passed the Single Use Plastics Directive that included the requirements for Member States in Europe to establish ‘producer responsibility’ schemes to take back and recycle fishing nets.
The workshop aims to bring together stakeholders from both business and fishing communities in Galway (and outside) to interact, and then discuss the opportunities and challenges related to converting waste FNRCPs into business opportunities in Galway (and outside).
- To present, discuss and enable
- Local innovation ecosystems and fishing community/networks in Galway
- Interaction between stakeholders in Galway
- Business opportunities related to converting waste FNRCPs into products and start-ups in Galway
- BCE_Lab: an innovation lab concept aimed at generating products from waste FNRCPs
Find here more information